St John's Group Practice
Your data, privacy and the Law. How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. THis is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record
- We may share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care service.
- Data baout you is used to manage national screening campaigns sich as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requiresus to do so, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research.
Please ask at reception if you wish to see our detailed Privacy Notices on the following: